My Experience with Measles

Chicken pox, measles, sore eyes, mumps. Those are just a few examples of diseases that Pinoys wound up getting atleast once in our lives. Well, we only get them once, so......

As of writing, I am recovering from Measles. I don’t know exactly how I got them because I am not aware of an outbreak from where I live and work.

According to adultvaccination.org :

“Measles is a highly contagious virus found throughout the world. People get measles by breathing in the measles virus that is spread when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks. You can get measles just by being in the same room with an infected person. “

Grabe, ang shakeet, I got the disease by just being in the same room with an infected person and worse I might have infected someone without even knowing.

I first felt the symptom Thursday afternoon while going back from work. I didn’t know what was wrong with me but I felt my entire body was aching. I had a suspicion that I was had fever but my body ached and I felt too bad to check.

The next morning, I confirmed that I had a fever so I decided to skip work and rest. I thought I was sick because of sudden changes in weather so I did not worry too much about it. Saturday came and I still had slight fever plus I was starting to develop coughs, sore throat and runny nose. I thought trankaso. 

Sunday came and I saw red angry rashes on my face. I got scared because I was not using anything new on my skincare, why did I have it?! But then I looked at my arms, chest and back; I was covered in rashes. I just ate chicken for breakfast >.<

My mom and my aunt looked at my rashes and immediately said Measles... or dengue.. 

I went to the hospital the next day and the funny thing was when the ER nurse saw my rashes and knew I had fever, I was IMMEDIATELY given a face mask and they wore theirs..

True enough, they were thinking dengue or measles so they decided to get CBC (complete blood count). After an hour of waiting in the ER, the results came and it was confirmed that the cause is viral, so I have measles... thankfully, not dengue (that is weeeyyy scarier).

I was advised on what NOT to eat, INCREASED oral fluid intake and ISOLATION for seven days. Today is Wednesday, four days since my rashes came out. They are fading, I only have a number spots on my arms and legs but they are not really visible anymore. 

TIMELINE of Measles:
Day 1-10 - according to the internet, this is the incubation period. I was infected by the virus but I haven’t felt anything yet.
Symptoms:
Day 1-3: fever, body ache
Day 3: fever, runny nose, sore throat
Day 4: fever, sore throat, watery eyes, rashes 
Day 5-  : fever, sore throat, rashes 


WHAT TO DO?

REST!! You will feel your entire body weaken. Drink a lot of water, I always believe that water can help in flushing out bad vibes from our body :). Take Paracetamol to help with the fever. Isolate yourself as much as possible to not spread the virus. Wear a face mask too to be sure.


Read a book, I have finished two books since I was not allowed to do alot of activity. Netflix and chill... alone :<. Update vlog/blog, sawakas, nabuksan na ulit tong blog na to haha.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glutatione Review: MET Tathione, Mosbeau Placenta White, Belo Nutraceuticals

MET Tathione Glutathione Soap, Oral Supplement, and Lotion (New Formula) Review

Fracora Placenta Liquid Drink