Apple AirPods A Year and A Half Later

Apple AirPods was announced in late 2016 in the US but I got mine early 2017 And I’ve used them every single day since. I don’t leave without them, I don’t enjoy walking outside without them, I don’t talk on the phone without them, I don’t run(fast walk) without them and most of all, I don’t listen to my songs without them anymore.

Hopefully, for the next Apple event, they will announce a new pair of Airpods because mine are starting to wear. I can only get 2-2.5 hrs of music time on the right ear. I’ve been itching to get a new pair but I don’t want to waste my money on a soon to be obsolete device (if Apple hopefully decides to announce a new one).

Tripping down memory lane, I remember how people ridiculed the aesthetic, price, and overall APPLENESS of AirPods.

Tim Cook said in an interview before the launch of iPhone 7 and AirPods that they are going to give us something we need that we don’t even know we needed it. At first I thought he was talking about iPhone 7 because it was supposed to be the highlight of the event, but even an Apple fangirl like me would say that iPhones offer little innovations lately. 

I was excited for the AirPods since it’s announcement and I got a little hurt whenever people made fun of it. The case looked like dental floss (true), they are ugly and sticks out like a ridiculous tooth brush in your ears (people love their dental hygiene, that’s good), $159 for a little pair of earphones is unacceptable (yep they are expensive, but so are the competition), the one size fits all earphones argument (luckily I did not have that problem), they sound horrible (I have always been satisfied with Apple’s EarPods so no complaints here).

But why have people changed their minds? Most people actually consider AirPods as Apple’s greatest tech offering in the last couple of years. It really pushed consumers and other tech companies to foray to wireless earphones, which have been around for years. People hated them at the beginning but more and more people are wearing them now and praising the little piece of device for its innovation.

And, honestly, one of the main reasons why I stay in the Apple ecosystem is because of this little piece of device. My AirPods just works. I use my iphone, they are connected, I use my ipad, my mac, apple tv, even my watch, the AirPods connect and work seamlessly.

That is how you make an innovation. Thanks, Apple?

Here’s what I’m wishing for the next gen AirPods:

  1. More gestures. C’mon Apple, using my watch can be helpful my my music but 2 years is an ample time for you to do your wonders for more controls ON the airpods, right? <3
  2. Noise cancellation. Pretty please :*
  3. Colors. Can you please make a gold one, to match my phone, ipad, macbook, and watch? XD
  4. Wireless charging. Please? Release the AirPower while you’re at it too.
  5. Find my AirPods. I often misplace my case. Can we atleast be able to ‘ping’ it when it slips in between the cracks of my sofa or hides under the deepest parts in my bag. Luv u!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glutatione Review: MET Tathione, Mosbeau Placenta White, Belo Nutraceuticals

MET Tathione Glutathione Soap, Oral Supplement, and Lotion (New Formula) Review

Fracora Placenta Liquid Drink