iPhone X a few months later

iPhones have come a long way since it was first introduced to us in 2007. It was the  "IT" phone for a long time and really changed how users operate smartphones. Being a young teen in 2007, I could only wish for it. The first iPhone I ever owned was an iPhone 4s in 2012, and I’ve been using Apple phones exclusively since then.

2017 marked the 10th year anniversary of the phone that changed the smartphone industry. Two—(three?) iPhones were announce— iPhone 8, 8+ and X. 

I thought iPhone X should’ve been celebrated a lot when it was announced but with a price tag of $999 for a 64 GB model, I found it a little bit ridiculous. But, hey, it’s an iPhone and it’s the 10th year anniversary phone, I’m bound to fall in love with it >.< (yup, I’m a fangirl)

Months came and the rich early adaptors were uploading unboxings and review videos on YouTube and I just grew more and more in love with it. I set my mind earlier this year that I would just skip on the $999 phone and just wait for the next one. Most reviewers said that if you have iPhone 6s - 8, I wouldn’t miss a lot on iPhone. I had the 7+ so, I’m a little contented with what I had.

Luckily, I was able to get my own X (yep I pronounce it as ex) early this year and it’s been in my hands ever since. I have the 256gb silver model.

It’s not a perfect phone, not even the best phone in this age but I love it and I’m happy to have it.

Let me list what I love and hate about it.



Con:
  • Price (60-80k php)
  • Face ID - it’s a first generation tech so it’s not as reliable and fast as touch ID on my 7+
  • Battery - coming from a plus phone, the battery on my X does not last as long the bigger phone. It’s not actually bad but there’s a little getting used to phase
    • You can fast charge it… but for another fortune
  • Size - the screen proportion is actually bigger than my last phone but the form factor is different so there was a little change with the way I held my phone
  • Apple Pencil - not so much as a con but ever since the Apple pencil came out, I’ve been waiting for it to be compatible with an iPhone
  • Color - You can only choose from silver and space grey. I have a gold apple watch, gold macbook, gold ipad, gold accessories, but my phone isn’t :( even an iPhone 8 has gold and it’s BEAUTIFUL



Pro:
  • OLED Screen - It’s beautiful! OLED screens have been around for a long time now but the X is the first on the iPhone line and the wait was worth the beauty
  • Face ID - it works! It’s a different experience but it works!
  • Camera - Back camera is comparable to most mirrorless cameras in the market and the front camera is capable of portrait mode
  • Speed - it’s fast with the latest A11 bionic processor (which is also used in iPhone 8)
  • Augmented Reality - the iPhone X was made for ARs and I love the AR performance
  • Animoji - no content needed :D

  • Wireless charging - it’s qi charging so there are generic chargers out there that would work perfectly
  • Fast charging - though it’s expensive, it’s extremely helpful. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glutatione Review: MET Tathione, Mosbeau Placenta White, Belo Nutraceuticals

MET Tathione Glutathione Soap, Oral Supplement, and Lotion (New Formula) Review

Fracora Placenta Liquid Drink