That Thing Called JAMSU

As a girl who lives in a humid country I always try to find primers, foundations or powders that would help me control the oil on my face. I can say that there are a few good products out there which can withstand the OILS of my face but honestly my wallet can't withstand them >.< So, I'm still on the hunt for new findings.

There's a new fad recently about a technique which won't hurt your wallet but promises matte finish for the whole day. That is Jamsu. Jamsu means diving or submerging in Korea. I believe this technique was first used by a Japanese blogger but it became famous in Korea thus JAMSU.

Steps:


  1. Prepare a sizeable bowl with cold water.
  2. Do you foundation and concealer as usual.
  3. Put an even layer of baby powder (if you have fair skin!) or your loose powder (your color tone) on your face.
  4. Submerge your face in the water for 30 secs. maybe 10-15 would be fine if you're on skin is dry.
  5. Pat the excess water from your face and continue with the rest of your makeup.
  6. Observe your skin throughout the day.

Thoughts:
  • The first time I tried this technique, I was HORRIFIED! I put on a baby powder so the finish was 2-3 lighter than my skin tone XD
  • When I used the correct color of powder the result was AWESOME!
  • My skin looked flawless and basically poreless for hours
  • Very minimal to almost none transfer
  • My face still oiled up after 5-6 hours but a small oil control sheet was enough to handle it.
  • Is it practical? Yes and no.
    • YES - You wouldn't need an extra expensive primer/foundation to achieve a long lasting flawless skin
    • NO - Who has time to prepare cold water everyday (especially when you're always running late for school like me -.-)
    • It is awesome for special occasions or when you have more time in the morning, but for everyday use, it's troublesome.
  • Atleast we can have another technique on our books to stay confidently beautiful with a heart (yes maka-ms. Universe!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glutatione Review: MET Tathione, Mosbeau Placenta White, Belo Nutraceuticals

MET Tathione Glutathione Soap, Oral Supplement, and Lotion (New Formula) Review

Fracora Placenta Liquid Drink